Most of us want to maximize our efforts so we can save time and get better results.
Hence, most of us have the question – what kind of running technique is the best for weight loss?
In this article, we are going to cover a few guidelines to answer that question. So before you grab those running shoes, you might want to check out the full scoop.
Running Technique Guidelines For Weight Loss
In all honestly, the question is rather broad. Giving specific answers to such a broad question is not the best route. Hence, guidelines is a better solution, and here’s what you need to know:
* Slow running techniques will help burn more calories if you have already set the distance beforehand. This is because your body will work more.
* Fast running techniques will help burn more calories if you run for a specific time period, and not distance.
* Running outdoors will burn a bit more calories than running on a treadmill.
* Sweating is a good indicator that the heart rate is going up, which translates to good calorie burn. However, covering yourself up with warm clothes or making the environment hotter so you can sweat more does not translate to more calorie burn. You are simply shedding out “water weight”.
* When it comes to running form, do the ones that will feel comfortable for you. Forcing yourself to adopt a running form that makes you uncomfortable will only make you inefficient during your runs.
Again, if you plan to run for X amount of miles/kilometers, then slow running techniques will help you burn more calories when compared to fast running techniques. However, if you plan to run for a specific amount of hours or minutes, then fast running techniques will help you burn more calories when compared to slow running techniques.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Learn To Run Program For Beginners – Basic How To Guide
- How Long Should I Run To Get Good Weight Loss Results?